Chronicles of The Shoestring Diva

By offering "how to" advice and bargains, the Shoestring Diva is your go-to-person for living life to the fullest... on a budget. Each dilemmas is tackled with funny, practical and informative solutions. Comments and emails are welcome.







Search This Blog

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Friday Treat

It's Day 4 of the Summer Savings Challenge and I am not looking forward to Day 5.  I usually take my lunch 4 days and week then eat out on Friday. It's just a little end of the week treat.  I don't do it every Friday but this week has been long and I am in need my treat.  Well....Day 5 is Friday.  What am I going to do?  I need my little treat!  It's usually just me and no one else. My time to get whatever I want to eat without worrying about the Diva Kids or Mr. Diva.  *frown*

I know what I will do. I am going to consult the mother of pick me up food, Paula Deen.  Oh, Food Godmother Paula, what shall I take for lunch tomorrow?  After searching the www.pauladeen.com site, I figured out what I want for my treat.  I am going to make some fresh bruschetta. That will make me happy!  I still have the tomatoes from my visit to the farmers market and balsamic vinaigrette in the cabinet.  I think I will top it off with some lemonade.  OK I'm all better now. Thanks Food Godmother Paula, you saved my lunch again.

Shoestring Diva Bruschetta( Cheap. Easy. Delicious)

2 slices of toasted bread
1 chopped fresh tomato
Feta Cheese
Parsley Flakes, Salt, Pepper
Balsamic Vinaigrette

Toast  the bread in tear into bit sized pieces.  Chop up the tomato into small cubes and place in a small bowl.  Add desired amount of parsley flakes, salt and fresh ground pepper.  Pour tomato mixture over the toasted bread.  Top with feta cheese and sprinkle the desired amount f balsamic vinaigrette. 

1 comment:

  1. I love fresh bruschetta. I'm so going to have to try your oh, so fabulous recipe!

    ReplyDelete