Chronicles of The Shoestring Diva

By offering "how to" advice and bargains, the Shoestring Diva is your go-to-person for living life to the fullest... on a budget. Each dilemmas is tackled with funny, practical and informative solutions. Comments and emails are welcome.







Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer Saving Challenge Day 2

Yesterday was a great day to save. I took my leftover lasagna and it was just as delicious as night before. To top off the good day, Cupcake had a power hour and I was able to get a scrumptious Mocha cupcake for FREE! Can you say AWE-SOME! I did unfortunately break one rule and bought a cup of coffee from Starbucks. I got the regular brew and not a fancy caramel coffee like I usually get. On second thought, I didn't officially break the rule because it was technically breakfast (before 11:00am) when I got the coffee. 

Tip:  I suggest switching up your lunch for Day 3.  If you are like me, you have taken leftovers for the past couple of days.  Make something fresh like a good sandwich. I brought a cajun turkey sandwich with fresh tomatoes and lettuce.  Switching up your meals will help you combat lunch boredom. Great job on Day 2. Keep up the good work.

Smooches

1 comment:

  1. Good idea. I often get "lunch boredom", which means that I'm looking for ANYTHING else to fulfill me. And, that leads to very, very bad choices!

    ReplyDelete