Chronicles of The Shoestring Diva

By offering "how to" advice and bargains, the Shoestring Diva is your go-to-person for living life to the fullest... on a budget. Each dilemmas is tackled with funny, practical and informative solutions. Comments and emails are welcome.







Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Birthday Mooch Patrol

Although my birthday has come and gone, the celebration continues. I’ve told you guys before that signing up for discount cards at stores is a great idea. You might think you will get a lot of emails or junk mail but if you are living on a budget, the benefits of store coupons are priceless. This week, I’ve been on Mooch Patrol. I can’t tell you how much I racked up in free gifts. That’s right, free gifts from businesses that just want to say happy birthday! All I had to do was add my email to their mailing list.


My first “mooches” came by way of emails from World Market, CVS, and Moe’s Southwestern Grill. World Market sent me a coupon for $10.00 off a purchase of $10.00 or more. All I had to do was pay the sales tax. I was able to get some gourmet eats for my special birthday evening for 96 cents. Next was Moe’s. “Welcome to Moe’s” was music to my ears when I ate my free entrée for lunch. The nice lady behind the counter even threw in some queso dip for my free chips. Now that is some good eatin’! CVS is one of my personal favorites. CVS gives me a coupon every time I walk in the door. I just scan my rewards card with their handy machine and out comes a coupon. For my birthday, CVS was so kind as to send me a $2.00 off coupon. Wouldn’t you know it? We happen to have been out of lotion at home. See, coupons really do work. I am so glad because ashy legs are not very diva like. Signing up for rewards cards saves you money and gets you free gifts.

I must confess: the best mooch of all came by way of a Goddaughter’s 2nd birthday party. She happens to have been born a day after my birthday. Her mom provided delicious free hot dogs and cake. Yet, that wasn’t the mooch. The mooch occurred when I was able to act like a silly 2 year old and no one knew it was for me; not the kid. Nothing feels better than playing with toys for your own enjoyment but passing it off like you are entertaining the youngsters. Now that living life to the fullest!

Smooches

No comments:

Post a Comment