Chronicles of The Shoestring Diva

By offering "how to" advice and bargains, the Shoestring Diva is your go-to-person for living life to the fullest... on a budget. Each dilemmas is tackled with funny, practical and informative solutions. Comments and emails are welcome.







Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2010

I wanna new bedroom set!

I have a dilemma. I want a new bedroom set but I don’t want to pay an average of $1600 to $2000. My husband and I have visited several of the chain furniture stores to no avail. They lured us in by offering 12 months interest free financing or a beautiful flat screen TV. Well Mr. Chain Furniture Store, you L.I.E! I am not going to be caught in your tangled web of sales secrets. You will not catch me enjoying the additional bench the sales person threw in just for special customers like me. I am not falling for it… again.


In my frustration, I experienced a moment of clarity. You may call it an epiphany. Do I really need another bedroom set or am I just tired of looking at the old one? I must face the truth. Although another bedroom set with shiny knobs and fantastic ebony sheen is the subject of my daydreams, my current oak set is highly functional and a reality. So… how do I satisfy my desire to have a new bedroom with a limited budget? This is a case for the Shoestring Diva.

Over the next several weeks, along with your frugal living tips and blogs, I will be documenting my escapades into shoestring decorating. I do have a budget in mind but I will not reveal my goal until our Facebook “bedroom bid” contest is completed on January 31st. I am definitely up to the task. My bedroom is going to be fabulous!


Until next time…


Smooches

No comments:

Post a Comment